29th SGIFF: Masterclass | Rithy Panh
Rithy Panh is one of the most internationally acclaimed Cambodian filmmakers of today. A survivor of the Khmer Rouge genocides in the 1970s, Panh went on to create a unique body of work. He deals with modern Cambodia and the traumatic legacy of the Khmer Rouge regime through films such as Rice People in 1994, the harrowing S-21: The Khmer Rouge Killing Machine in 2003 and The Missing Picture (winner of Cannes’s Un Certain Regard prize and Cambodia’s first film to be nominated for an Academy Award) in 2013. Get up close and personal with the prolific filmmaker as he shares how he perceives his own work, and the thought processes that anchor his cinema.
Rithy Panh graduated from the Institut des Hautes Études Cinématographiques (IDHEC) in France. His earliest documentary, Site II, about a family of Cambodian refugees on the Thai-Cambodian border in the 1980s, cemented his personal approach to filmmaking. With The Missing Picture in 2013, he became the first Cambodian to win the Cannes Un Certain Regard Prize and to be nominated for an Academy Award. He has made more than 20 films since, including documentaries and fiction works. Beyond his filmmaking efforts, Panh co-founded the Bophana Audiovisual Resource Center in 2006 to preserve Cambodia’s audiovisual heritage and train young Cambodian filmmakers, archivists and technicians.
Official Website: sgiff.com
- A fully refundable fee of $5 is charged for each ticket booking.
- At the event, simply present the e-ticket to the Front-of-House desk. The refund will be processed electronically via Peatix. Otherwise, the ticket will be forfeited.
- Registration closes 9 December, 9am. Any cancellations must be made before this cut-off date and time.
- Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date, no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund appear separately on the credit card statement.
- Should the refund be done after the credit card cut-off date, Peatix will refund the amount the next month through a negative invoice.
- Peatix accepts VISA, Master, Paypal and AMEX.
Full line-up of off-screen events: sgiff2018.peatix.com
Enquiries: +65 6509 4749 / email@example.com
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM SGT
- The Salon, National Museum of Singapore
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 93 Stamford Rd, Singapore 178897 Singapore